Benefacts is a social enterprise that was established in 2014 as a nonprofit company to transform the accessibility and transparency of Ireland’s nonprofit sector.
The principal activity of the company is the creation, maintenance and deployment of an extensive database derived from the public regulatory disclosures (including the financial statements where available) of all entities within scope, and the provision of data, information and web services derived from the database.
- improving information about and understanding of the work of all Irish nonprofits
- promoting greater public confidence in the use of the public’s money
- providing decision-makers with timely access to reliable data, collected and classified in a way that facilitates analysis
- devising and developing web-based services to help reduce bureaucratic overheads and support administrative reform, specifically in line with the Government’s public service reform agenda
- providing the sector with data and informational tools that will support business planning at the level of organisations and sub-sectors
Read more about Benefacts governance and people.